Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Pratt

In order to convince myself that i have not completely switched teams, i agreed to a date with one of our patrons, a revolting wealthy and significantly older man lets call him Mr Pratt.sigh...yes it has come to that. this man is older than my dad! agbaya, see him chasing a girl young enough to be his grandchild.but he had been chasing me for as long as i can remember. i am sorry but no amount of money would make me touch old balls..eww! but i caved and went out with him.... he sent his car to pick me up from my place. dinner was delicious,expensive and BORING........ gosh i nearly shoved the dessert fork up my nose..... he on the other hand wont stop yappering on and on,about how he wants to take care of me, doesn't want me to work anymore blah,blah,blah. can you sense my boredom?? in the middle of deciding whether the fork in nose or placing my face in the soup would put me out of my misery,
i received a text message from the delectable Miss Beautiful,
what are you doing right now?
i excused myself from the table, went to the ladies room to respond
Nothing,what are you doing?
a swift response from her.
why don't you come by my place for a late dinner, i made some halibut.....
without hesitation i responded
Be there in 30 mins
yes i know i am on a date,but i felt like drowning myself in my soup for crying out loud, i went back to the table, announced my exit.my excuse was lame, something about feeling ill. i promised a second date (as if!) he generously offered his car to take me back to my house.i declined, took a cab and headed to her place.

8 comments:

soul said...

Haba!.. You can't blame the old man for trying lol. I presume many are deluded but tis cool.

oh and Miss B sure has a knack for picking the right time to call you lol. But you didn't even wait to here what she was cooking?...
hope all is well

Idemili said...

Insert 'Sex and the City' theme music.

luminousnubian said...

Chidi- I dont know o!! no matter the race! and i thought nigerian men were bad!

Soul- she sure does!think she has a radar on me or something.she made fish by the way.

luminousnubian said...

Idemili- LOL!

Dith said...

i dunno if goin on a date with some wrinkled old perv was d best choice in helpin u decide if uv "switched teams". (lol)

luminousnubian said...

im a babe- no it definately was not the best choice!! lol

Mocha said...

*popping gum waiting for next instalment of the MB chronicles*
Mr Geriatric was mos def not the way to go!..lol..
*still popping gum waiting for next instalment of the MB chronicles*

kokolette said...

lol@ the fork to your nose!
couldn't stop laughing!!!