Sunday, April 15, 2007

the last of the married arab

you know the best way to forget about someone and rinse them out of your system,is to start seeing someone else. so Mr Married Arab has been out of the picture because,he needs to focus on his wife and i need to focus on my own life. it wasn't going anywhere.
another thing i noticed about men,the less available you are to them the more desirable you become to them. this man,has been calling my phone incessantly. i don't answer,i don't have time for bullshit.
of course he decided to show up,in the middle of making a big sale,that i so desperately needed. and proceeded to make a scene! this man started crying and begging to talk to me!! what the hell??? i mean i was never mean to him,did not give him any parting words,i just did not return his calls. does that warrant such pathetic behavior?? i never let him hit it, so why is this punk embarrassing me at work?in front of potential clients, making me look bad??? i want to explode,but i remain calm, tell him to go into my office and wait there for me. slightly frazzled i succeed in selling the obscenely expensive painting.
Fuming i walk into my office and face the idiot, he starts telling me a sob story about his wife threatening to take his baby from him etc.
i listen,because he looks genuinely hurt and sad.
but why come to me?
because i care he says...
hmmmm strangely enough i do. i silently ask myself why do i allow myself to get so involved in other peoples lives and feel that i am their superwoman? especially when i am supposed to be angry at him and want him out of my office!
i go by him and rest his head on my chest, all of a sudden his hands are on my breasts,twiddling my nipples through my cotton blouse. i do not flip out. i have just realized that he is just an old dog,up to his old tricks. i gently move his hand away. tell him very softly."please never in your miserable life call me ever again.and spare yourself the embarrassment and do not show up at my work again".
I show him the door. and smile at his bewildered face as the door lands him a hot slap

4 comments:

soul said...

ahhh Nubian.. I'd hazard at a guess and say you care because he is a human being and you are not a monster.
But he needs help and you can't help him. If his wife is threatening to take his child away, then he really needs to be sorting that out with his wife.

He was funny though, I mean, gosh!
He really thought he'd get some cos he told you a sob story.. damnit.
nice that you controlled the situation at work.. but then I kinda thought you would.
And nice one. :D

Idemili said...

*Hiss*

I would have smacked him once I got to the office. Your way works too, you're kind. Nice one.

Dith said...

lol funny story. some men r just 2 daft!

kokolette said...

chai! you this girl you're harsh o!
but what the hell was he thinking acting like that? morrafucka oshi *hissing*