Thursday, April 5, 2007

Date with the beauty

Dinner with Miss Beautiful was amazing! after a hectic day at work, I was looking forward to seeing her . I rushed to close the gallery and go home to change and freshen up,i know its not a date ,but i wanted to look pretty,i was in black work pants, and a purple blouse,black patent heels, with my hair pulled back in a bun... too severe,i wanted to soften my look for my dinner. so i went home, washed off my makeup,put on just mascara and lip gloss. put on a simple dress that hugged in all the right places, put some simple sandals on,let my hair down,i had gone for a lunch time blow dry so it was looking pretty good. gave myself one last look in the mirror before dashing out,i was almost late. as i got to the restaurant, i made a point to check out the cute valet guy,(hey i needed to reassure myself of my heterosexuality!)
i walked in and told the hostess i was meeting miss beautiful,she took me towards our table and there she was.. in all her flawlessness.. so beautiful,she stood up and came towards me to kiss me on the cheek, and pulled out the chair for me(?). wow,she looked great. that kind of effortless chic. She was wearing cigarette trousers, a crisp white shirt with a few top buttons open tucked into them and no bra.. i felt her soft breasts brush against me when she kissed me. she wore no jewelry and her hair looking as luscious as ever.she wore very light makeup, lord she looked great. i was in awe.
well,after i got over my awe and managed to pick up my bottom jaw off the floor. i was able to focus and the meal was Delicious,conversation was amazing,we had so much in common,she worked in a large pr firm, and i could gather she was quite successful,everything about her oozed with class. we laughed,joked. it was awesome. in fact it was the best date ever. it wasn't difficult because she was a woman. There were certain things that we automatically understood about the other just for the fact that as women there are certain experiences that are universal. lots of jokes and laughs,hmmm this wasnt so bad,we were hitting it off like old friend. when the bill came i automatically whipped out my card because, with all my lady friends we split the bill when we eat out,right? well, miss beautiful took the cheque and said don't worry,i did ask you out didn't i. (uhmmm ok?) as we walked out of the restaurant,i looked at her and smiled and told her thank you for the lovely meal and i genuinely had a wonderful time, she told me she would like me to come back to her place to have a drink and just chill since she lived not too faraway... i agreed we waited for the valet to bring our cars. and i drove behind her. she lived in a very luxurious condo,tastefully furnished, with great paintings in all the rooms,as she gave me a tour, i was impressed with the simplicity. we settled in her living room with a bottle of very good wine, the lights were dimmed and there was some Count Basie playing in the background, we sat on her couch, chatting forever, i got loose and of course i got bold. i guess with all the alcohol in me
i asked the most obvious question "are you a lesbian"
she laughed.."yes i am,does that bother you?"
i said "no,no,not at all. i was just curious"
i looked down at my wine glass and was paying too much attention to the contents in an effort to avoid looking at her,
i could feel her eyes on me,and i felt her move closer to me, she lifted my face up and gazed at me..
she said "i know you are not a lesbian,but i can not help but feel a certain chemistry between both of us. Luminous,i have been thinking about you. i do not want to scare you off by coming on too strong,but i really can not stop myself . i risk hurting myself."
(silence)
to be honest i didn't know what to say,what do you say after that? i mean by admitting i found her attractive, was i admitting to myself that i might be bi-sexual or bi-curious? i decided to keep my mouth shut.all of a sudden i felt uncomfortable,all i wanted was to get out of there. i mumbled an excuse,something about an early day. and scrambled out of there as fast as i could.

9 comments:

UnNaked Soul said...

being uncomfortable doesn't do you good... take its from a man who know... I've been approached by gay dudes before, but my ability to control the situation made them have a diff. kind of respect for me... and heck, i've always approved a woman-2-woman relationship, but not a man-2-man... am I being biased?

I love the way you write... mmuaah

soul said...

LN...
Scenario just sounds to familiar..
In anycase, here's the thing..

You met someone who piques your interest, you met someone who you are attracted to. forget the label's for one minute.
You, LN. are attracted to this person. period.
There is no need for any overanalysis. there's no need to question yourself or who you are.
It's normal, it's natural. It happens.
Let yourself go and just live your moments.

Idemili said...

Like a moth to a flame...

Let us know when she calls again. Because she will.

IJEOMA said...

WOW... mmmm trust me you are attracted to her, otherwise you wouldnt notice how her breast brushed against yours. its like hugging a man you have an attraction for. your sense become more hightened as opposed to one you have no interest..of course i might be wrong.. good luck. cant wait to hear about miss beautiful

luminousnubian said...

Unnaked: why wont you like woman 2 woman relationships! lol

Soul: i dont think right now i can forget about the fact she is a woman.its strange realizing something like this about yourself at this phase in life. but who knows.

Idemilli:girl me i dont want fire o!! lol

Ijeoma: no doubt i am attracted to her..but u sef, you fit do am?lol

Dith said...

y do i find this funny?

IJEOMA said...

@luminous

i am probably as liberal as they come.. so you might do better to ask others that question.

soul said...

ahh I don't think you understood me.
I'm not saying forget she is a woman, I'm saying put aside the labels which you are applying to yourself, for now.

You don't really have to do anything about your attraction to her, but I suspect the discomfort you feel is because you actually want to do something about it but don't really want to deal with the implications you associate with 'doing something about it'.

I guess what I'm trying to say is sometimes, you just gotta let go and see where life is taking you.

You can either ignore the attraction or explore it. (duh! right...)
I know what I would do.. like Ijeoma, I'm as liberal as they come..

kokolette said...

no comment yet