Monday, March 12, 2007

Mr.Married Arab

So i have been very determined not to see him again, i have been ignoring his calls. its killing me,but i need to start looking out for me,i have allowed men to treat me like crap for long enough.it time i start looking out for me. this is the first time i have even entertained the thought of "dating" a married man. such a hypocritical move. its something common to my native home of Nigeria that i detest and here i am longing for a married man, it doesn't matter that he isn't African and i could see his wife anywhere. but she is still a woman and i cant do that to her and her child.
i guess i should tell you how this all began.... its nothing romantic just two people with a lust for one another i guess. i was out with a group of friends, we decided to go for dinner at this middle eastern restaurant,i had never been before,but my friends were regulars there. it was a beautiful place, very authentic, delicious food,great ambiance,good conversation. well considering it was a table of very attractive women of various ethnic backgrounds, we got quite a bit of attention. then "he" walked up to our table to see if everything was alright. apparently he owned the place,and he wanted to be sure we were being taken care off. i was instantly attracted to him, which is odd(i don't really find alot of men attractive,they grow on me).he was tall, dark and handsome and his thick dark hair had a streak of premature grey in the front.damn he was sexy and he had the most luscious dark lashes framing those unusual green eyes. he looked at me and smiled. one of my friends the sexy Latina,was flirting outrageously with him. i assumed that he was too, but he kept looking at me. he then came by me and asked me if everything was fine.i said yes.thank you. we had a moment,lol! not being cheesy but we really did. he proceeded to join our table and sat next to me,we had light conversation,asked me where i was from.what i did, told him i worked at a gallery downtown,he said i need some art.maybe i will come see what you have.i gave him my card.
as soon as he walked away my friend turned to me and said
"girl he is sooo much trouble,and he is married."
i told her babes its just business he said he needs some art.its just business.
she said "whatever,just be careful."
of course miss Latina decided to pipe in,
"girl he is a big flirt he flirts with anything"
i am assuming that was meant to be a diss. it didn't bother me, i know i am beautiful,i do not need anyone to tell me.
fast forward to the following Tuesday
i was having a hectic day at work. and who decides to walk in?Him
he asked me if i had lunch yet,i hadn't.so he took me to a cafe not far from work, he made me laugh,smile, definitely not my type.not sophisticated enough,didn't know a thing about art,theater,music,politics..... yet it was that raw,hustler spirit that drew me,the man owned and ran a successful restaurant and chain of liqueur stores.he had that sexy aggressive hunter thing going on...oh don't mind my unusual fantasies,i might let them slip into my writing unconsciously.
well,his visits became more frequent. leading from the gallery to my living room and then my bedroom. we never had sex...but uhmm..we did things i should never do with a married man. his kisses intoxicated me and filled me with a lust that even i knew was sinful in everyway. i have refused to hop into bed with him.to retain my sanity and make me feel somewhat morally upright* whatever the hell that means*

3 comments:

Idemili said...

I would have smacked Latina, but you know, your way's cool too!

luminousnubian said...

that chicks works my nerves sometimes lol

kokolette said...

dang...you're going to make me keep reading...ok, moving on to the next one!